Floor Tiles Sydney
A great way to clean tiles is with a mixture of hot water and a little vinegar.
Bathroom Tiles Sydney
Tiles can look great and are the best type of flooring when room are exposed to a lot of water. They only require minimal cleaning and maintenance, and provided that right type of cleaning is used tiles will last for decades with little or no trouble.
Tiles can suffer problems if the surface is sticky, because this will keep the floor permanently dirty. Ironically this stick surface is often caused by soap scum or dried detergent, left behind by the vary thing that was used to (unsuccessfully) clean the floor.
A vinegar solution will get rid of sticky tiles problems, leaving the tiles and the grout between them much cleaner in the process.
Vinegar for cleaning bathroom and Kitchen Floors Sydney
Use a cup of white vinegar for each 4 litres of water. This means about 2 cups of vinegar in a bucket that is 70% full. Make sure the water is as hot as practically possible.
- Mop the floor with the hot water/ vinegar solution while the water is still hot.
- Avoid getting any wooden skirting boards too wet when mopping
- When the whole floor has been mopped with the vinegar solution, re-mop the whole floor with clean, warm water.
If you have problems stains on the grout you can clean these with baking soda (bicarbonate of soda).
- Mix up a paste of water and bicarbonate of soda and leave it overnight on any stained grout.
- The next day spray add a small amount of vinegar to the area where the bicarbonate of soda was left. The solution will bubble and foam. Scrub with a brush.
Appropriate brushes can be bought at home improvement or hardware stores.
Avoid harsh chemical cleaners on the floor. These will slowly cause fading and other damage to the tiles.
Sweep or vacuum the floors as often as practical. This means less mopping will be required.